* 2 medium eggplants, sliced
* salt (to taste)
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 cup marinara sauce, store-bought
* 200 grams Italian sausage, crumbled and cooked through
* ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1) Thinly slice eggplants using a mandoline with a straight blade, or with a knife. Season liberally with salt and let slices sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until moisture is released. Pat slices dry with a kitchen towel.
2) Heat olive oil on a skillet over medium high heat, then brown slices on both sides. Set aside to cool.
3) In a medium, oven safe dish, evenly alternate layers of marinara sauce, Italian sausage, parmesan cheese and cooked eggplant, making 4 to 5 layers. Top with cheese and bake in a 350˚F pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.