No Bake Chocolate Pecan Pie
*1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
* ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* ½ cup sugar
* 2 tbsp cornstarch
* 1 pinch salt
* 2 large egg yolks
* 1 cup whole milk
* 1 ½ cups whipping cream, divided
* 1 cup dark chocolate chips
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp unsalted butter
* 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
* 1 cup salted caramel sauce, store-bought
* ½ cup whipping cream, whipped (to garnish)
* chocolate, shaved (to garnish)
1) Make the crust: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; until mixture resembles coarse sand; Press mixture onto the bottom of an 8-inch pie pan. Chill until ready to use.
2) Make the filling: Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Whisk in egg yolks. Gradually mix in milk and ½ cup whipping cream.
3) Place saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil for 30 seconds then remove from heat. Continue whisking for 15 seconds to cool slightly. Add chocolate chips, vanilla and butter; whisk until smooth. Let cool for at least 2 hours.
4) Whip remaining whip cream until stiff peaks form. Take 1/3 of the whipped cream and mix into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
5) Toast pecans on a frying pan for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent nuts from burning. Place pecans on prepared crust, saving some for garnish, then evenly spread salted caramel sauce on top. Spoon chocolate filling on top of caramel sauce. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
6) Before serving, garnish frozen pie with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and reserved pecans.