Steak With Ponzu
* 1 tbsp miso, or brown Korean miso
* 2 tbsp softened butter
* 2 (200 gram) sirloin steaks
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 2 tbsp store-bought ponzu, divided
* 1 (425 gram) can corn kernels, drained
1) Combine miso and butter in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
3) Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side then turn and cook for 2 more minutes for medium rare doneness. (Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the steak; the thermometer should read 130˚F for medium rare and 140˚F for medium.)
4) As the steaks are about to finish cooking, add 1 tablespoon ponzu and 1 tablespoon miso butter to the pan; let sauce coat steaks. Remove steaks from pan and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, lower heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon miso butter to the same pan. Add corn and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Serve steak with corn. Serve more ponzu and miso butter on the side.