Homemade Potato Chips
* 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled
* 1 pinch salt (to season)
* vegetable oil (for frying)
* ground black pepper (to season)
1) Slice potatoes into thin rounds using a mandoline with a straight blade; place in a bowl. Season with a generous pinch of salt, toss to coat and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes have begun to release moisture. Place potatoes on a clean kitchen towel; pat dry.
2) Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Fry potatoes until golden brown, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.