Seafood Aligue Fried Rice
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 3 tbsp white onions, chopped
* 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
* ¼ cup leeks, thinly sliced, white parts only
* 250 gram clams
* 150 grams small shrimp, peeled
* 100 grams squid, cleaned and sliced
* 2 tbsp crab fat (aligue) , or to taste
* 2 cups long grain rice, cooked
* 2 tsp calamansi juice, or lemon juice
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* parsley leaves (for garnish)
1) Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, ginger and leeks.
2) Add clams and ¼ cup water. Cover pot and simmer until shells open; discard shells that remain closed. Cook for 1 more minute. Remove clams from pot. Remove meat from shells; set aside.
3) Continue to simmer liquid in the pan until almost dry.
4) Add shrimp and sauté ; sauté for 2 minutes. Add clam meat and crab fat; sauté for 1 minute.
5) Add rice and mix well. Season with calamansi or lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6) Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves. Serve hot.