Nilupak With Pili
* 450 grams cassava, freshly grated
* 1 cup fresh coconut, squeezed slightly to extract coconut milk, plus extra grated coconut (to serve)
* 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
* 3 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra to serve
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1 cup pili nuts, chopped coarsely, with some left whole for garnish
1) Combine cassava, grated coconut and coconut milk, condensed milk , butter and salt in a bowl.
2) Transfer mixture to a pot over medium low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes or until soft and creamy. Remove from heat and stir in chopped pili nuts.
3) Divide whole pili nuts among 4 to 5 round molds or bowls. Portion cassava mixture among molds or bowls. Chill until ready to serve. Unmold and top with grated coconut and butter right before serving.