* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ cup butter, cold, cubed
* 2 tbsp shortening
* 4 to 6 tbsp water, ice cold
* 1 (25 gram) can condensed milk
* 2 cups coconut water, fresh
* ½ cup cornstarch
* 1 tbsp butter
* 4 cups fresh coconut meat, sliced
* ½ cups all purpose flour
* ¼ cup sugar
* 1/8 tsp salt
* ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
* ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1) Make the crust: Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter and shortening into flour using blender or two forks until pea-sized crumb form.
2) Drizzle in cold water. Mix gently with pastry blender until dough is evenly moist and begins to come together but does not form into a ball.
3) Transfer dough to a clean work surface. Divide into 3 portions and form each into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
4) Let dough sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, then roll between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap using a rolling pin until 1/8 inch thick and 7 inches wide. (Note: Alternatively, you can roll into a 10-inch round to make a 9-inch pie.)
5) Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
6) Place dough on 3 (6-inch) tart pans and mold it onto the bottom and sides of the pans. Prick dough using a fork. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Place aluminum foil over dough and top with pie weights (dried beans and uncooked rice work well). Blind bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights. Bake for 10 more minutes or until golden. Set aside
8) Make the filling: Cook condensed milk, coconut water and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring mixture to a gentle boil and cook until thick.
11) Cut butter into mixture using a pastry blender or two forks until few lumps remain. Add cheese; mix well. (Note: Mixture should be crumbly but chunky.)
12) Sprinkle streusel on top of pies, making sure to cover the filling completely. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 more minutes or until tops are golden brown.
13) Before serving, let pies set and cool completely in pans set on top of wire rack.