Ultimate Filipino Brownies
* 8 (1-ounce) squares of unsweetened chocolate
* 1 cup butter
* 5 eggs
* 3 cups sugar
* 1 tbsp vanilla
* 1 ½ cups flour
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 ½ cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2) Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
3) Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don’t over bake.) Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.