* 500 grams ground pork
* 1 large onions, minced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup breadcrumbs
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp fennel seeds, chopped
* 1 tsp thyme
* 1 tsp soy sauce
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ ground black pepper
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 12 wonton wrappers
* 1 egg, mixed with 1 tbsp water
* ¼ cup tomato sauce, store-bought
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1) Make the meatballs: Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl; mix well. Form about 12 balls using your hands. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook meatball for about 3 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
3) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
4) Place dumpling wrappers on greased muffin cups, forming baskets. Brush edges with egg wash. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Place 1 teaspoon tomato sauce in each basket. Top with 1 meatball and some grated cheese.
6) Bake again for 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.