Toaster Oven Chocolate Cookies
* 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
* ½ cup cocoa powder
* ½ tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp sea salt
* 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
* ¾ cup brown sugar
* ½ cup sugar
* 3 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 12 large peanut butter cups
1) Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2) In another bowl, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract, mixing on low speed until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing until well-combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 45 minutes.
4) Scoop out balls of dough using an ice cream scooper. Flatten balls into cookies on a prepared baking sheet.
5) Place a peanut butter cup on the center and cover with another scoop of dough. Press sides together to seal. Repeat with remaining cookies and peanut butter cups.
6) Place stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
7) Preheat oven to 350ºF.
8) Bake cookies in the toaster oven for 18 minutes straight from the refrigerator. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Serve with milk, if desired.
Tip: Store the batter in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days at room temperature or for 1 week in the refrigerator.