Spicy Fried Chicken Drumsticks
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp cayenne pepper
* ½ tsp onion powder
* ½ tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp salabat mix, or ginger powder
* ½ tsp salt
* 4 (100 gram) pieces chicken drumsticks
* 1 cup rice flour
* canola oil (for deep frying)
1) Combine cumin, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, salabat mix and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
2) Dredge chicken in rice flour, shaking off excess.
3) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat until temperature registers 350˚F on a deep-fry thermometer.
4) Deep fry chicken until skin is golden, about 12 minutes. Do not overcrowd pan; cook in batches, if necessary. Allow oil to heat up again before frying remaining drumsticks.