Buttered Noodles with Bacon and Poached Eggs
* 12 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
* ¼ cup unsalted butter
* 500 grams linguine, cooked according to package directions (reserve 1 cup pasta cooking liquid)
* 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
* 1 ½ tsp black pepper, divided
* 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 tsp salt
* 6 large eggs, poached
* basil leaves (to garnish)
1) Cook bacon in a pan until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
2) In the same pan, add butter, cooked noodles, reserved pasta cooking liquid, parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon pepper. Stir until sauce is thick and almost completely absorbed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Add bacon, parsley and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and remaining pepper. Toss to mix well.
4) Divide pasta among plates and top with poached eggs. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with basil.