Olive Oil Cake
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 3 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ cup sugar, white
* 6 pieces large egg yolks
* ½ tsp lemon zest
* ¾ cups water
* 3 tbsp lemon juice
* ¾ cups Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 6 pieces large egg whites
* ½ tsp cream of tartar
* 1 cup white sugar
For the glaze:
* ¼ cup lemon juice
* 1/3 cup Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2 cups sugar, powdered
* 2 tsp lemon zest
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, sift together all-purpose flour and baking powder. Add salt and sugar. Mix until well combined.
2) In another bowl, combine egg yolks, lemon zest, water, lemon juice, and Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
3) Mix together wet and dry mixtures until well incorporated. Set aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Whisk until foamy, then add sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
5) Gently fold the meringue into the batter.
6) Line bottom of an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Divide batter among the prepared cake pans and gently tap them to release any bubbles.
7) Bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven or until golden brown and a toothpick emerges cleanly when inserted into the cake. Invert upon baking onto a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
8) To make the glaze, combine lemon juice, Contadina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, powdered sugar and lemon zest.
9) Spread glaze on top of the cake and dust powdered sugar on top. Best served warm.