Grilled Corn Chowder
* 1 tbsp canola oil
* ½ cup white onions, chopped
* 1 tsp salt, divided
* 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ -inch cubes
* 4 cups grilled corn kernels, plus extra to garnish
* 1 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped (white part only)
* 1 tbsp red bell peppers, finely chopped
* 3 tbsp all purpose flour
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 1 ½ cups coconut milk
1) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onions with half the salt until onions are translucent.
2) Stir in potatoes, corn, lemongrass, bell peppers, flour and remaining salt.
3) Add chicken stock and mix. Lower heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked, about 20 minutes.
4) Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.
5) Garnish with grilled corn kernels.