Baked Salmon with Herbed Butter
* 350 grams salmon, steaks or fillets
* 1 tsp ginger juice, extracted from grated ginger
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ tsp pepper
* ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
* ½ tsp dried rosemary
* ½ tsp dried thyme
* 1 tsp parsley, chopped
* 1 tsp lemon zest
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400˚F.
2) Place salmon in an air-tight container and add ginger juice. Chill for 30 minutes. Rinse fish under cold running water.
3) Heat oil in an oven-safe pan. Season fish with salt and pepper. Sear fish for 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and bake in the pre-heated oven for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let fish rest for 10 minutes.
4) Make the herbed butter: Bring 2 tablespoons of water to a boil in a pan over medium low heat. Slowly whisk in butter cubes, a few pieces at a time. Continue whisking over low heat, until emulsified or slightly thick. Do not allow to simmer or to boil. Stir in herbs and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately alongside fish.