Moist Chocolate Cake
* 1 ¾ cups vegetable oil
* 2 extra large eggs
* 2/3 cup whole milk, mixed with 1 tbsp of white vinegar
* 1 ½ cups and 2 tbsp (275 grams) all purpose flour
* 1 ½ cups regular cocoa powder
* 1 ¾ cups white sugar
* 2 ½ tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
* 1 cup boiling water
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Grease and line 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with parchment paper.
2) Mix vegetable oil, eggs and milk mixture in a large bowl until well blended. Set aside.
3) Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and instant coffee in another bowl.
4) Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir gently until just combined. Add boiling water and mix until smooth.
5) Divide cake batter evenly between prepared pans. Tap pans lightly on a flat surface to remove air bubbles.
6) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing cakes from pans.