Grilled Cheese and Corned Beef Sandwich
* 1 (260 gram) can corned beef
* 16 slices white bread
* butter, softened (for brushing)
* 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
* 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
* 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1) Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Add corned beef; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until some of the juices have incorporated. Set aside.
2) Brush one side of 16 white bread slices with softened butter. Top a bread slice, buttered side down, with ¼ cup each corned beef, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cover with another bread slice, buttered side up. Repeat to make more 7 sandwiches.
3) Heat a large, heavy bottomed frying pan until almost smoking. Grill 2 sandwiches until browned, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side, pressing down sandwiches slightly with a turner. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately with store bought balsamic caramelized onion jam or tomato soup on the side, if desired.