Mango Skillet Pancake
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter
* 3 large eggs, beaten
* ½ cup milk
* ½ cup all purpose flour
* 1 tbsp sugar
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp baking powder
* ¼ cup almond slivers
* flesh from 1 mango, sliced
* confectioners’ sugar, whipped cream and ice cream (optional)
1) Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
2) Melt butter in an ovenproof pan. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a bowl.
3) Mix in eggs and milk into the butter in the bowl.
4) Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in another bowl. Make a well in the center and pour egg in mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pour mixture into the hot oven proof pan.
5) Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges of the pancake are puffed and golden brown.
6) Meanwhile, toast almonds in a dry frying pan for 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
7) Once pancake is done, remove pan from oven. Place mangoes on the center and sprinkle almonds over. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
8) Serve hot and directly on the pan. If serving for dessert, top with whipped cream and a scoop of ice cream.