Homemade Chili Garlic Oil
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* ¼ kilogram garlic, chopped
* 15 pieces bird’s eye chilies(add more if you want it spicier)
* 2 tbsp salt
* ¼ tsp ground black pepper
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* ¾ cup water
1) Pour oil in a preheated pan, add the garlic and let it cook for 5 minutes.
2) Add the chilies, brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Allow to cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
3) Add water then let it simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the garlic turns dark brown. Mix occasionally to prevent the garlic from burning.
4) Place the chili-garlic oil in clean bottles. Remember to cover the garlic with the oil to prevent molds. This recipe can keep up to two months.