Creamy Shrimp and Longganisa Pasta
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 200 grams longganisa, vigan or lucban, casings removed
* 2 tbsp garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp dry white wine
* 300 grams penne noodles, uncooked
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 6 prawns, shelled
* ½ cup heavy cream
* 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1) Heat oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté longganisa until browned and fat is rendered. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
2) Turn heat to high, add wine and cook for a few seconds until liquid is reduced to half.
3) Add noodles and 7 cups water; cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
4) Add prawns and cook until color turns pink. Add cream and parsley; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve hot.