Strawberry and Chocolate French Toast
* 3 tbsp peanut butter
* 1 tsp brown sugar
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1/8 cup heavy cream
* 2 tsp corn syrup
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ cup heavy cream
* ½ cup milk
* 1 ½ tbsp sugar
* 3 (1-inch) thick slices brioche
* 3 tbsp butter
* ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra to serve
* ½ cup strawberries, hulled or sliced
* confectioners’ sugar, sifted (to dust)
1) Make the peanut butter sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, whisking frequently, until syrupy in consistency. Keep warm.
2) Make the French toast: Whisk eggs, vanilla, cream, milk and sugar in a shallow bowl. Soak brioche in milk mixture for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
3) Melt ½ tablespoons butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add bread and dot tops with chocolate chips; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining butter to pan and flip bread; cook for 1 to 2 more minutes or until golden brown.
4) Place French toast on a serving platter. Top with strawberries and chocolate chips. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately.