Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup
* 1 tsp vegetable oil
* 3 bulbs lemongrass, pounded and chopped
* 3 large shallots, minced
* 2 to 3 tsp store bought Thai curry red paste
* 300 grams skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced into thin strips
* 2 cups chicken stock
* 2 cups coconut cream
* 1 cup coconut milk
* 1 kaffir lime leaf
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 3 tbsp lime juice, plus 1 lime, sliced into wedges
* 3 tbsp fish sauce
* 1 (400 gram) pack flat rice noodles
* 8 sprigs cilantro, chopped coarsely
* ½ cup green onions, chopped
* 2 bird’s eye chilies, chopped, optional
1) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Saute lemon grass and shallots. Add red curry paste and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2) Add chicken and sauté until chicken becomes opaque.
3) Pour in chicken stock, coconut cream and coconut milk. Add kaffir lime leaf. Bring to a simmer and boil for about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4) Season with sugar, lime juice and fish sauce.
5) Cook rice noodles according to package directions and portion equally among 4 bowls.
6) Pour soup and a good amount of chicken meat into bowls then top with cilantro, green onions and chilies. Serve with lime wedges on the side.