Beef Pork Stock
* 500 grams beef, pork and chicken bones
* vegetable oil
* 2 cups aromatic vegetables and herbs
* 2 tbsp all purpose flour
* 2 tbsp tomato paste
* ¼ cup red wine
1) Pre-heat oven to 400˚F.
2) Place beef and pork bones on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Roast for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool.
3) Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot. Cook vegetables until roasted and dark brown, about 20 minutes.
4) Add 2 tablespoons all purpose flour and 2 tablespoons tomato paste; mix well . Add about ¼ cup water just to loosen mixture. Increase heat to high and add ¼ cup red wine. Reduce to half.
5) Add roasted bones and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Add enough water to cover bones. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 4 to 5 hours, covered, removing the scum that rises to the surface. Taste then adjust seasoning. Cool completely.
6) Strain using a fine mesh strainer. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
7) Make chicken stock: Place chicken bones in a large crockpot. Add enough water to cover up to 2 inches above bones.
8) Bring to a boil and remove the scum that rises to the surface.
9) Add vegetables. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours, removing scum frequently. Cool completely.
10) Strain using a fine-mesh strainer. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.