* 3 medium baking potatoes (about 500 grams) , boiled , shredded or cubed
* 2 medium carrots
* 1 cup pineapple chunks
* ¾ cups light mayonnaise
* ½ tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp granulated sugar
* 4 cups water (for boiling)
* 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
* 2 pieces hard boiled eggs, halved
* 4 lettuce leaves (optional), sliced
1) In a cooking pot, pour the water and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and carrots. Cook until it becomes soft.
2) Transfer the potatoes and carrots to a large bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. This will prevent the vegetables to become overcooked.
3) Remove the vegetables from the bowl and pat dry using a paper towel. Dice and place in a large bowl. Add the pineapple and sliced boiled eggs. Toss gently and set aside.
4) In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
5) Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potato mixture. Gently toss until all vegetables are coated well. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
6) Transfer to a serving plate with lettuce at the bottom and serve.