Cashew Brittle With Sea Salt
* 1 tsp butter, plus extra to grease
* ½ cup sugar
* ¼ cup corn syrup
* 1 cup roasted cashews
* ½ tsp vanilla extract
* ½ tsp baking soda
* 1 tbsp sea salt
* 1 tsp chili powder or chili flakes
1) Grease a baking sheet with butter or line with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
2) Combine sugar and corn syrup in a microwaveable bowl with high sides. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
3) Stir in cashews, then zap in the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
4) Add butter and vanilla extract; microwave for 1 minute. Gently mix in baking soda.
5) Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and chili. Allow to cool and harden. Break into pieces.