Mango-Passion Fruit Pavlova
* 4 large egg whites
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1 ¼ cups caster sugar
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* ½ tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp white wine vinegar
* 1 ½ cups heavy cream, whipped
* 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, deseeded and cubed
* 2 pcs passion fruit, peeled and removed
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Draw 2 (5-inch) circles each on 2 sheets parchment paper. Place each sheet, drawn side down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
2) Whisk egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
3) With the motor running, add sugar slowly, one spoonful at a time. Whisk until smooth and contains no visible sugar granules.
4) Fold cornstarch, vanilla and vinegar into the mixture using a rubber spatula.
5) Spoon meringue onto prepared baking sheets, spread meringue within the drawn circles. Make an indentation in the center of each mound using the back of a spoon, making the rims rise slightly.
6) Place baking sheets in the oven and turn temperature down to 300˚F. Bake for 40 minutes.
7) Turn off oven and leave the baking sheets inside for 30 more minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8) Spoon whipped cream onto the center of each meringue. Top with mangoes and passion fruit. Serve immediately.