Easy Funnel Cake
* 1 ½ cups store-bought pancake mix
* ½ cup water
* vegetable oil (for frying)
* 2 to 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
* chocolate sauce and strawberry pie filling (to serve)
1) Mix store-bought pancake mix and water. (Batter should be pourable. If too thick, add water, a little at a time). Pour vegetable oil into a heavy pan over medium heat until 2 inches high. When oil is hot, pour batter into pan through a funnel, forming spirals. Cook until brown on one side. Turn to brown the other side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.
2) Pile funnel cakes on a serving platter and dust with confectioners’ sugar . Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with strawberry pie filling. Serve hot.