Longganisa and Cheese Penne Pasta
* 1 ½ cups penne noodles, uncooked
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp salt
* 1 cup longganisa, casing removed and crumbled
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 1 tbsp white onions, chopped
* 1 tbsp paprika
* chili flakes (optional)
* ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* parsley, chopped (to serve)
1) Place pasta in a bowl. Add oil, salt and enough water to cover. Microwave on high, following time prescribed in package directions plus about 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked. Once cooked, drain water.
2) Place longganisa, garlic, onions, paprika and chili flakes in another microwavable dish; mix well. Zap in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Mix and crumble meat.
3) Toss together penne noodles and longganisa mixture. Add parmesan cheese and olive oil; mix well. Garnish with chopped parsley.