Tex-Mex Chili Pasta
* 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
* 500 grams ground beef
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 (227 gram) can tomato sauce
* 2 tbsp chili powder
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp ground oregano
* ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp salt
* 500 grams macaroni noodles, uncooked
* 6 cups beef stock or water
* 1 (425-gram) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 (425-gram) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
* sour cream (to serve)
* chopped parsley (to garnish)
1) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and garlic. Cook until meat turns brown. Drain excess fat.
2) Add tomato sauce, spices, salt, macaroni and beef stock. Stir, cover and turn down heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, ½ cup at a time, if mixture becomes dry.
3) Add beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Transfer to serving dishes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Drizzle with sour cream and garnish with parsley, if desired.