Chicken Curry Noodles
* 1 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp shallots, chopped
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 1 tsp ginger, minced
* 4 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and pounded
* 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn in half
* 300 grams chicken breast fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
* 3 tbsp cooking wine
* 300 grams fettuccine noodles, uncooked
* 1 cup canned or fresh coconut milk, divided
* ¼ cup red bell pepper strips
* ¼ cup green bell pepper strips
* 2 tbsp fish sauce
1) Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat. Sauté shallots until translucent. Add garlic and ginger; sauté until fragrant. Add lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves; sauté for a few seconds.
2) Add chicken and stir fry for 1 minute over medium heat. Add wine and allow liquid to reduce to half, about 30 seconds.
3) Add noodles, 2 cups water and ½ cup coconut milk. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Add remaining coconut milk and bell peppers. Season with fish sauce and simmer for 2 more minutes. Serve hot.