Food For The Gods
* ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 cup muscovado sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
* 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line and lightly grease an 8” by 8” pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar. Let cool slightly before beating in eggs. Stir in vanilla extract.
3) Add in flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined. Fold in dates and walnuts until mixed in.
4) Spoon into prepared pan, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the brownies emerges cleanly, about 25 minutes. Don’t over bake! Let cool to the touch on a wire rack.
5) Lift out from pan and transfer to a cutting board. Lightly grease a knife before cutting into bars. Wrap bars individually in cellophane if desired for gifting.