* ½ cup sugar
* 12 pcs egg yolks (large eggs)
* 1 (300 mL) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 (370 mL) can evaporated milk
1) In each llanera (aluminum mold), place 3 tablespoons sugar. Set llanera over the stove on low heat and using tongs, move llanera repeatedly over flames until sugar is melted and golden. Continuously tilt and swirl the llanera to ensure even melting and to distribute melting liquid on bottom of mold. Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden.
2) In a medium sized bowl, combine egg yolks, evaporated milk and condensed milk. Gently stir in a circular motion until blended. With a cheesecloth, strain egg-milk mixture. Pour mixture into strained llaneras.
3) Cover llaneras with foil and arrange in a wide, oven-safe dish with about 1-inch of water (water bath). Bake in a 375˚F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle of custard comes out clean. Remove from oven, allow to cool and refrigerate to set. To serve, slide a knife along the sides and turn flan over on a serving plate. Serve chilled.