* 4 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 medium white onion, chopped
* ½ kilo ground beef
* 1 medium carrot, minced
* 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped finely
* 2 cups spaghetti sauce
* ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
* 500 grams elbow macaroni
* ½ cheddar cheese for topping
* 1 pack mozzarella cheese
* salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside. Preheat the oven to 165°C.
2) In a sauce pot, add oil and melt butter. Sauté garlic for a minute then add the onions.
3) Add the ground beef and let it brown for about 10 minutes.
4) Add the carrots and bell pepper then cook for 5 minutes. Pour the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5) Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer.
6) Pour the cooked macaroni and mix well.
7) Transfer the macaroni mixture to a baking dish. Top with grated cheese and mozzarella. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.