Churros Con Chocolate
* ½ cup heavy cream
* ¼ cup fresh milk
* 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
* pinch of salt
* oil for deep frying, plus 2 tbsp, divided
* 1 cup water
* 2 tbsp milk
* 1 tbsp sugar
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1 cup all purpose flour
1) Make the chocolate: Bring cream and milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling, remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Let sit, undisturbed, for 1 minute. Stir chocolate mixture until smooth and creamy. Add salt and stir again. Set aside.
2) Pour oil into a deep pan until about 2 inches deep. Heat oil to 375˚F.
3) In another saucepot, bring water, milk, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons oil to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add flour all at once. Keep stirring until dough is smooth and forms into a ball without lumps. Let cool slightly to make piping easier.
4) Fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Squeeze piping bag over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making strips or shapes.
5) Deep-fry churros until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with chocolate.