Apple and Cinnamon Sticky Buns
* 1 pack medium dry yeast
* ¾ cup whole milk
* ¼ cup granulated sugar
* ¼ cup hot water/warm water
* ¼ tsp vanilla extract
* 1 pc egg
* 1 tsp salt
* ¼ cup unsalted butter
* 4 cups all purpose flour
* ¾ unsalted butter (for filling)
* 1 cup brown sugar (for filling)
* 1 cup granulated sugar (for filling)
* 1 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon (for filling)
* 1 pc apple (for filling)
* 1 cup brown sugar (for drizzling)
* 2 tbsp light corn syrup
* ¼ cup heavy cream
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup chopped pecans
1) In a small bowl, combine warm water and 1 tsp of granulated sugar. Sprinkle yeast over the top and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2) In another bowl in standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the egg, milk, salt, sugar and melted butter. Add 2 cups of flour and water, vanilla and yeast mixture. Mix until it’s all incorporated and gradually add 2 more cups flour. Turn speed up to medium and let it sit for 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth.
3) In a large bowl, put vegetable oil and set aside. Take the dough out of the mixer and pull it together with your hands to form a ball. Place it in the oiled bowl and oil the top with vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rest and rise for about 2 hours.
4) For the sauce, add butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and corn syrup in a sauce pan. Cook and melt together until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat, stir in the vanilla extract and let it cool down. Pour it in a buttered 9”x 13” baking dish and sprinkle chopped almonds.
5) For the cinnamon filling, mix together brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
6) When the dough has doubled in size, punch down and roll it out on a floured surface until you have a 15”x 9” rectangular dough. Brush with butter and sprinkle evenly with chopped apples, sugar and cinnamon mixture. Tightly roll. Cut into 14 to 16 slices and place them on a buttered baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for another 30 minutes.
7) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Cover the pan lightly with foil and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
8) Allow the buns to cool for about 5 minutes and carefully invert them on a large platter.
9) Pour the glaze mixture on top and serve.