* 2 kilos beef bottom round, cut morcon-style (wide beef slices)
* juice from 1 lemon
* ½ cup soy sauce
* pepper (to taste)
* 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced lengthwise into strips
*2 hotdogs, sliced lengthwise into strips
* 4 pcs sweet pickles, sliced into lengthwise
* 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise into halves
* ½ cup flour
* ¼ cup oil
* 1 onion, peeled and chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* reserved marinade (from marinating beef)
* 1 cup tomato sauce
* 2 cups beef broth or water
* 1 bay leaf
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup liver spread
1) Arrange each beef slice between two parchment paper or cling wrap and with a meat mallet, pound to about ½-inch thick (or thinner). Repeat with remaining beef slices. Trim sides of meat to shape it as close to a rectangle.
2) In a bowl, combine beef, lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper to taste. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
3) Drain beef from marinade, squeezing any excess liquid and reserving marinade. Lay beef on a flat work surface and arrange strips of carrots, hotdogs, pickles and eggs lengthwise over the meat. Gently gather end of beef upwards and roll neatly into a log, enclosing the filling. With kitchen twine, tie beef roulades snugly at both ends and center to fully secure. Lightly dredge with flour.
4) Heat oil in a wide, heavy-bottomed pan. Gently add beef roll and lightly brown on all sides. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
5) Discard oil from skillet except about 1 tablespoon. Add onions and garlic and cook until browned. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil, scraping sides to deglaze pan. Add tomato sauce and beef broth. Add bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Gently add beef rolls in a single layer. Lower heat, cover and cook for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until beef is tender.
6) Remove beef rolls from pan and allow to stand for about 3 to 5 minutes. Slice into 1-inch thick rounds and arrange slices on serving platter. Keep warm. Add liver spread into sauce and stir until dissolved. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Pour sauce over morcon slices and serve hot.