Chocolate Hills Cookies
* ½ cup butter, softened slightly
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* green food coloring
* ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* confectioners’ sugar or cocoa powder (to dust)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and food coloring in a large mixing bowl.
3) Scoop 1 ½ tablespoon portions of dough and form into 1-inch balls. Flatten with your palms.
4) Place a few chocolate chips on the center of each bowl. Fold sides to cover chocolate. Shape into hill-like mounds. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet.
5) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
6) Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or cocoa powder before serving.