Chicken Macaroni Salad
* 1 lb elbow macaroni
* 1 lb. chicken
* ¾ cup light mayonnaise
* 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple bits, drained
* ¾ cup minced carrots
* ¾ cup raisins
* 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* ¼ tsp garlic powder
* 4 cups water
* salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Bring water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon salt and then put-in the chicken. Boil the chicken for 25 minutes. Drain the water and let the chicken cool.
2) Discard the bone from the meat and then shred the chicken meat using your clean hands. Set aside.
3) Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and then set aside.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder, 3 tbsp of pineapple juice from the canned tidbits, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well and then taste. Adjust the taste as necessary.
5) Add the shredded chicken, carrots, macaroni, raisins and pineapple tidbits in the mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly until the ingredients are well distributed.
6) Add the cheese. Gently toss.
7) Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
8) Transfer to a serving plate.
9) Serve. Share and enjoy!