Frozen Buko Pandan Balls
* 200 grams pandan leaves, washed and torn roughly
* ¼ tsp pandan flavoring, optional
* 1 box unflavored green gulaman, around 90 grams
* 1 pack all purpose cream, chilled (around 250 mL)
* 3 tbsp condensed milk
* 150 grams chopped buko meat
* 150 grams grated coconut (niyog)
1) Make the pandan water: boil pandan leaves in 1 liter water for 40 minutes. Add pandan flavoring, if desired. Let cool.
2) Combine gulaman and pandan water in a saucepan. Mix well until powder dissolves. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Pour mixture into a mold. Let set for 1 hour at room temperature. Slice into ¼-inch cubes.
3) Whisk cream until light and airy. Mix in condensed milk , buko and gulaman. Adjust sweetness with condensed milk. Freeze for 4 hours.
4) Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out balls from mixture and roll in niyog.