Baked Creamy Potato Bacon Mushroom Casserole
* 1 kilo potatoes, medium
* 1 cup bacon bits
* ½ cup butter
* 1 head garlic
* ½ cup spring onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp dried basil
* 1 tbsp dried oregano
* 2 cans mushroom slices
* 1 cube chicken bouillon
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp pepper
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 1.8 oz bar quick melt cheese, melted
* 6 pieces soda crackers, crushed
* ¼ cup melted butter
1) Boil potatoes until tender and cooked. Remove the skin and slice thinly. Set aside.
2) Fry bacon bits until crispy. Slice roughly.
3) In a pan, heat ½ cup butter. Add garlic, spring onions, dried basil and dried oregano. Cook for 5 minutes.
4) Add mushroom slices, bacon, chicken bouillon cube, sugar and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5) Add the heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Arrange the potatoes in a rectangular XXX baking dish. Scoop in the cream mixture. Repeat layers ending with the cream mixture. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
7) Mix the crushed crackers with ¼ cup melted butter and sprinkle on top of cheese.
8) Bake in 350˚F pre-heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until top is golden.