Lemon Chia Cake Bars
* 1 ½ cups cake flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ¼ tsp salt
* 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened slightly
* 1 cup sugar
* zest from 1 medium lemon
* 2 large eggs
* 1/3 cup sour cream
* juice from ½ lemon
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* zest from ½ lemon
* ¼ cup fresh milk
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
* chia seeds (to top)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a baking pan with mini-loaf molds with butter and line with parchment paper.
2) Sift together cake flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add salt. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with sour cream and lemon juice.
5) Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before unmolding and glazing, about 5 minutes.
6) Make the glaze: Whisk together lemon juice and zest, milk and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until well combined.
7) Spoon glaze over mini cake loaves. Sprinkle chia seeds on top.