Holiday Mac and Cheese
* 2 cups leftover ham, cubed
* 2 tbsp oil
* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp all purpose flour
* 2 cups fresh milk
* 1 ½ cups cheese spread
* ½ cup queso de bola, grated
* 4 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
* 1 tbsp parsley, minced
* ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1) In a fry pan, sauté the ham in some oil until golden brown. Set aside.
2) In a saucepan , melt the butter. Add the butter to make a roux. Pour in the milk then whisk until sauce is slightly thick. Add cheese spread, queso de bola and fried ham. Season as needed.
3) Add in cooked macaroni and mix well. Transfer to a baking dish.
4) In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley and cheese. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
5) Bake in an oven pre-heated to 350˚F for 20 to 30 minutes.