* 2 tbsp cooking oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup canned or fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1 kilo chicken, boiled and shredded
* 2 cans (290 grams) condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 cup all purpose cream
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
* 1 kilo potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
* 2 tbsp butter
* parsley , chopped (for garnish)
* side salad or buttered mixed vegetables , to serve (optional)
1) Heat oil in a saucepot. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cooked until tender.
2) Add shredded chicken and mix until well incorporated.
3) Add cream of mushroom soup and all-purpose cream. Fill 1 can of mushroom soup with water and add to the pot; stir the mixture well. Simmer for about 15 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Let mixture cool.
4) Transfer to a baking dish. Cover with mashed potatoes and dot with butter.
5) Bake in an oven pre-heated to 350˚F or in a turbo broiler for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with a side salad or buttered mix vegetables.
6) If packing for baon, carefully transfer to a container and let cool for 10 minutes. Cover container with the lid.