* ¼ cup evaporated milk
* 1 (33 gram) pack instant oatmeal
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 small white onion, chopped finely
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 300 grams ground beef
* 200 grams ground pork
* 1 large egg
* ½ tsp yellow mustard
* 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 ½ tsp salt
* freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
* 6 to 0 strips bacon
* ¼ cup tomato ketchup (to glaze)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Combine evaporated milk and oatmeal in a bowl. Set aside.
3) Heat olive oil on a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until onions are soft and golden. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
4)Mix beef, pork , onion-garlic mixture, milk-oatmeal mixture , egg, mustard, Worcester shire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5) Line 3 (5-inch) loaf pans with 2 to 3 strips bacon each, letting ends hang over edges. Divide meat mixture evenly among bacon-lined pans ; fold overhanging bacon over meat.
6) Place loaf pans on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of a loaf comes out clean.
7) Remove from the oven; let loaves rest for 5 minutes. Invert loaves onto the baking sheet and brush with ketchup. Return to the oven and bake for 5 to 8 more minutes. Cool before serving.