Sinigang na Hipon sa Sampaloc
* 6 fresh unripe tamarind (sampalok)
* 4 cups water
* ½ onion, sliced
* 2 tomatoes, de-seeded and quartered
* 1 radish (labanos), sliced into 1-inch rounds
* 750 grams shrimp, de-bearded
* 2 green finger chilies
* 1 bunch chili leaves (dahon ng sili)
1) In a small saucepan, boil 1 cup of water with the unripe tamarind for about 10 minutes. Once soft, crush the tamarind in the pan and strain with water. Set the strained water aside.
2) In another saucepan, boil 3 cups of water with the onion and tomatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes, and then add the radish.
3) Add strained water, bring to a boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add shrimp, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add green finger chilies and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and add chili leaves (dahon ng sili). Serve immediately.