Orange Glazed Beef Kebabs
* 1 ½ cups fresh orange juice
* ¼ cup soy sauce
* 500 grams beef sirloin, sliced into 1-inch cubes
* 1 medium red onion, sliced into wedges
* 1 large red bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1-inch squares
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 1 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1) Mix together orange juice and soy sauce; set aside.
2) Thread beef onto barbecue sticks, alternating with onion wedges. Skewer red bell peppers last. Marinate skewers in orange-soy sauce mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3) Remove skewers from refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking. Drain skewers from marinade.
4) Place marinade in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour half of the sauce into a bowl. Add butter to sauce in the pan; set aside.
5) Heat oil in a grill pan over high heat. Cook skewers for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting with marinade in the bowl.
6) Place skewers on a platter and pour marinade butter mixture over. Serve with bell pepper salad.