Kesong Puti and Kangkong Bread Bowl
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 2 cups kangkong (water spinach) leaves, cooked
* 2 onions, thinly sliced
* pinch of salt (to taste)
* 1 cup sour cream
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 8 ounces kesong puti, crumbled
* 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, plus more for topping
* 2 loaves sourdough batard, hollowed out in the middle
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Melt butter in a skillet and add garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add onions and salt to the skillet and sauté on high heat until caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2) Toss in the kangkong leaves and sauté for another 2 minutes or until wilted. Let cool and squeeze out extra liquid. Set aside.
3) Combine sour cream, cream cheese, kesong puti, cheddar cheese, cooked onions and kangkong in a bowl. Mix until combined.
4) Place hallowed out batards in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Fill in bread bowls just until brim with the kangkong mixture. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 35 minutes and serve immediately.