* ½ kilo store-bought roasted pork belly slab (liempo)
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* ½ cup white onions, chopped
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 cup fresh orange juice
* zest from 1 navel orange
* zest from 1 lemon
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp pepper
* 4 saba bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
* 4 tbsp sugar
* 3 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* ½ medium white onion, sliced thinly
* 3 cups cabbage, shredded
* 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced into strips
* white rice, to serve
1) Remove crispy skin from pork. Break into 4 pieces and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and garlic; sauté until fragrant. Add cumin, orange juice and zest, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix for 1 minute.
3) Add 5 cups water and bring to a boil. Add pork belly slab. Lower heat and simmer until liquid has reduced by ¼. Slice pork and set aside.
4) Make the sweetened bananas: Roll bananas in sugar. Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry bananas until golden. Set aside.
5) Make the sautéed vegetables: Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add onions, cabbage and bell peppers. Sauté for 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Serve pork, bananas and vegetables on top with rice.