* 1 (1-inch) knob ginger, sliced into rounds
* ½ white onion
* ¼ tsp black peppercorns
* 4 cups rice wash (water used to rinse rice)
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ kilogram salmon head
* ½ kilogram salmon belly
* 1 bunch pechay, about 1 cup
* ½ head cabbage, cut into quarters
* 1 tbsp fish sauce (to serve)
* sliced calamansi (to serve)
1) In a large saucepan, combine ginger, onion, salt and pepper in the rice wash. Bring to a boil, about 5 to 8 minutes.
2) Once boiling, place the salmon head and belly in the soup. Bring to a boil again and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
3) Place cabbage and pechay in the soup and simmer for another 3 minutes. Serve hot, with patis and calamansi on the side.