Pork Spareribs with Tausi
* 1 kilo pork spare rib (rib tips)
* 2 tbsp black bean sauce
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* ½ tsp grated ginger
*2 cloves garlic, minced
* ¼ tsp ground black pepper
* 1 tsp sesame oil
*1 tsp sugar
1) Put spareribs and black bean sauce in a shallow, heatproof pan that will fit inside your wok (a pie plate or 9” cake pan works great.)
2) Make the marinade: In a medium sized bowl, mix the cornstarch, ginger, garlic, black pepper, sesame oil and sugar. Pour over the spareribs and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
3) Set a steaming rack inside of the wok and fill with water almost up to height of rack. Turn heat to high and when the water is boiling, turn heat to medium high. Set pan with spareribs on top of a steaming rack inside the wok.
4) Steam using medium high heat for 18 to 20 minutes until ribs are no longer pink. Make sure that you don’t run out of water in the wok. Add water if needed.
5) Remove from the steamer and serve. Garnish with spring onions or bird’s eye chilies.